Rayborn Manor Bed & Breakfast
Rayborn Manor Bed & Breakfast
Comfort, Convenience and Economy
Gloria Pride Rayborn Scholarship
Gloria Ann Pride was born August 27, 1950 to Mr. Roe Hampton Pride and Mrs. Betherine Goodloe Pride of Cherokee, Alabama, located in Colbert County. She was the only daughter with four brothers: Wendell Oliver Goodloe, Melvin Eugene Pride, Elmer Lee Pride and Kenneth Bernard Pride. Gloria entered her beloved Tuskegee Institute in 1968, where she met the love of her life, Curtis Anthony Rayborn. She continued her studies at Tuskegee through 1970. She then married Curtis and became a loyal employee at Dorothy Hall Guesthouse and later with Auxiliary Enterprises on the campus of Tuskegee Institute.
As the new family began to grow with the birth of their first child, Curtis A. Rayborn II in 1972, the family moved to Seale, Alabama and Gloria began her career in State government, as a clerk in the Brucellosis Laboratory at Auburn University. Later, she joined the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs in Montgomery, Alabama where she worked in the areas of Manpower Development, Youth Training Division. Gloria retired as an Employment Specialist with a total 27 years of service to the Alabama State Government.
Gloria was a dedicated wife and loving mother of five children: Curtis Anthony II, Bethel Latrice, Angela Kenyata, Richard Hampton and Edwin Bernard Rayborn. She was actively involved in local PTAs, church and civic organizations and constantly provided program and grant information to city and county governments in Macon County, as well as Tuskegee University through ADECA. She was deeply supportive of her husband and Tuskegee Institute during his 16 years of employment there.
Gloria Pride Rayborn is forever remembered as a beautiful woman, a loving wife and mother, with a giving personality that brightened the world. She had a deep faith in God and a love for "Mother Tuskegee. "She transitioned from this life on May 19, 2012.
Deadline: April 25, 2023
The Gloria Pride Rayborn Memorial Scholarship was established to provide financial educational assistance to students desiring to attend Tuskegee University in the following categories:
1) A high school senior who plans to enroll at Tuskegee University.
2) Enrolled Tuskegee University student in need of additional educational financial assistance.
3) Transfer student from another institution needing financial assistance to enroll at Tuskegee University.
1. A one page letter explaining why you chose to attend Tuskegee University.
2. A "C" average grade point or above.
3. A demonstrated financial need that is verifiable.
4. A desire to serve humanity after completing degree work.
5. Each scholarship recipient is Required to attend one Tuskegee University Local Alumni Meeting during the academic award year and perform a minimum of 10 hours of community service. All community service hour must be verified writing by the agency receiving the service.
APPLICATIONS and SUBMISSIONS
Applications for the GLORIA P. RAYBORN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP can be obtained online at https://www.raybornmanor.com. Applicants may submit applications between January 30,2023 and April 25, 2023 for the $1000.00 scholarship. Applications may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to Gloria Rayborn Scholarship Fund 2310 County Road 89 Tuskegee, Alabama 36083.
The recipient of the scholarship award will receive a certificate awarding the scholarship and payment of the award to Tuskegee University Business Office upon completion of 10-hours of community service. The scholarship may be use to pay for tuition, books, lodging, meals or other University expenses. Payment will be made to Tuskegee University Business Office in the name of the student receiving the scholarship. All funds not used by the recipient(s) for academic support will be returned to the Gloria Pride Rayborn Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Deadline: April 25, 2023
Last, First, Middle
ADDRESS LOCAL: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ADDRESS HOME: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TUSKEGEE UNIVERSITY ID # _______________________________
1. Name and Relationship:________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Major: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Minor: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Graduate Degree: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Doctorate: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Each scholarship recipient is required to complete an approved 10-hour Service Project prior to the release of the scholarship funds.
I have read, understand and meet the scholarship requirement listed in this application. Attached is a copy of my high school diploma, last academic grades and/or letter of acceptance to Tuskegee University.
Submitted By: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________